The topics the Accounting Standards Oversight Council (AcSOC) plans to discuss, in addition to routine updates, are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (September 26, 2019), this agenda is subject to change. The topics presented below may be discussed by the Council in a different order.
If the topics are relevant to your professional work, attending the public meeting, in-person or via livestream, may qualify as Continuing Professional Development (CPD). Please contact your provincial body for any questions about CPD hours.
- Receive an update from CPA Canada on its new Foresight project;
- Receive a presentation from the Canadian Council of Comptrollers;
- Receive a briefing on the June and October 2019 IFRS Foundation Trustees meetings;
- Receive an update on the issues in the UK and discuss their potential impact on AcSOC; and
- Receive a presentation on CPA Canada’s activities related to sustainability, environmental and social reporting
Meetings are open to the public and livestreamed. Portions of a meeting may be held in camera at the discretion of the Chair.