This is the third Invitation to Comment issued for this project. Two Invitations to Comment were issued in November 2016 and November 2017 respectively:
- “Employment Benefits: Deferral Provisions in Sections PS 3250 and PS 3255”; and
- “Employment Benefits: Discount Rate Guidance in Section PS 3250.”
Given the complexity of the issues involved and the potential implications of any changes that may result from a review of Sections PS 3250 and PS 3255, PSAB decided to issue an Invitation to Comment on each key issue to seek input from stakeholders prior to establishing its positions.
PSAB plans to deliberate stakeholder feedback on the three Invitations to Comment and develop its positions on the issues in 2019. The Board expects to issue a Statement of Principles with its preliminary views in 2020.
Other issues that will also be addressed in this project, in the Exposure Draft and/or in the Statement of Principles, include:
- the accounting for sick leave benefits and other non-pension benefits;
- other improvements to existing guidance; and
- issues that may arise or be identified by stakeholders throughout the development of the project.