The Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) is seeking a member from the local government finance community for its Public Sector Accounting Discussion Group. PSAB established the Public Sector Accounting Discussion Group as a regular public forum at which issues arising on the application of the CPA Canada Public Sector Accounting (PSA) Handbook can be discussed.
The purpose of the Group is to assist PSAB regarding issues arising on the application of the PSA Handbook. However, the Group does not issue pronouncements, other communications or offer interpretations of the standards. The Group gathers information in order to advise PSAB on priorities and possible agenda items for its consideration.
PSAB is looking for an experienced individual from the local government finance community who:
- has an in-depth understanding of public sector accounting concepts and current financial reporting issues;
- can discuss a broad range of financial reporting issues encountered by governments and government organizations; and
- will respond effectively to issues brought to the attention of the Group by being attentive to concerns and feeling comfortable in offering insightful comments consistent with the intent and objectives the standards established.
Members are also required to have:
- a commitment to PSAB’s objectives;
- technical knowledge;
- relevant experience;
- the ability to consider the practical aspects of issues being considered; and
- an overall balance of different backgrounds and geographic representation.
Members serve as individuals, not as representatives of their government or organization.
This demanding but professionally rewarding volunteer role involves a time commitment of approximately 40 to 60 hours per year for preparation and meeting time.
Appointments will be for a term of two or three years.
The Group normally meets in person. Meetings are expected to be held in Toronto. Out-of-pocket expenses are reimbursable under CPA Canada’s travel policy.
If you are interested in this opportunity, submit a current resumé to email@example.com by June 23, 2017.
For more information, contact:
Martha Jones Denning CPA, CA
Principal, Public Sector Accounting Board
Phone: +1 (416) 204-3288