The topics the Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) plans to discuss, in addition to routine updates, and anticipated actions, if any, are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (September 10, 2019), this agenda is subject to change.
Standards for Public Sector Entities
Conceptual Framework and Reporting Model
Review the detailed feedback related to the following chapters of the Statement of Concepts, “A Revised Conceptual Framework for the Canadian Public Sector
- Chapter 3, Financial Reporting Objective
- Chapter 4, Role of Financial Statements
- Chapter 5, Financial Statement Foundations
- Chapter 7, Qualitative Characteristics of Financial Information and the Related Considerations
- Chapter 9, Recognition and Measurement
Review the revised Chapters 3, 4, 5, 7, and 9 that would be part of the exposure draft for a revised conceptual framework and the accompanying basis for conclusions document.
Public Private Partnership
- Discuss and approve the Public Private Partnerships exposure draft and basis for conclusion.
Narrow Scope Amendment – Purchased Intangibles
- Discuss the draft exposure draft and basis for conclusions.
- Receive summary of responses to three invitations to comment.
2019-2020 Annual Improvements
Review and provide input on issues that are to be included in the 2019-2020 Annual Improvements Exposure Draft.