Review the Guidelines for Observers for in-person or livestreaming upon registration.
The topics the PSA Discussion Group plans to discuss are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (October 11, 2019), this agenda is subject to change.
Sections PS 1300 and PS 3070: When is a GBE no longer a GBE?
- Consider factors that may indicate that the government business enterprise (GBE) definition is no longer met and a change in financial reporting framework may be required.
Introduction and GNFPO Accounting: When is a GNFPO no longer a GNFPO?
- Consider scenarios in which a government not-for-profit organization (GNFPO) may need to be reclassified and a change in financial reporting framework is required.
The Final Report of the Expert Panel on Sustainable Finance
- Consider the implications for public sector financial reporting and standard setting.
Sections PS 3400 and PS 3510: User fees versus taxes
- Consider whether a levy is a user fee or a tax, and whether Section PS 3400, Revenue, or Section PS 3510, Tax Revenue, would thus apply.
PSAB’s Government Not-For-Profit Consultation Paper
- Provide advice to PSAB on advantages and disadvantages from a user perspective of consistent reporting between governments and GNFPOs, and/or within GNFPO subsectors
This meeting may be eligible for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours. We encourage you to connect with your CPA provincial body regarding potential CPD hours.