Review the Guidelines for Observers for in-person or livestreaming upon registration.
The topics the PSA Discussion Group plans to discuss are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (March 22, 2019), this agenda is subject to change.
Section PS 3380: Developer Agreements and Contractual Rights
- Consider whether developer agreements give rise to contractual rights that should be disclosed.
Sections PS 1000 and PS 1201: Accounting for Purchased Intangibles
- Consider whether purchased intangibles can be recognized in public sector financial statements.
Section PS 3450: Accounting for Cryptocurrencies
- Consider how to account for cryptocurrencies held by a public sector entity.
Section PS 3510: Taxes Levied for Specific Purposes
- Consider when taxes levied for specific purposes would require recognition of a liability.
PSAB’s International Strategy – Consultation Paper 2
- Consider PSAB’s options for a future international strategy.
For CPAs: This meeting may be eligible for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours. We encourage you to connect with your CPA provincial body regarding potential CPD hours.
Recordings: For observers tuning in from Western Canada: You will not have to wake up early to watch! The livestream feed will be recorded on-the-spot and the recordings will be available for you to watch after the meeting ends on April 26, 2019, and will remain accessible for two weeks.
(Please note: The recordings will not be available past May 10, 2019).