The objective of this project is to identify:
- challenges faced by practitioners in implementing Canadian Standard on Related Services (CSRS) 4460, Reports on Supplementary Matters Arising from an Audit or a Review Engagement;
- issues that entities may have encountered as a result of the change in work effort or reporting under CSRS 4460; and
- issues or concerns that third party users of the practitioner’s report may have related to work effort or reporting under CSRS 4460.
Post-implementation reviews of recently-issued standards is a strategic initiative set out in the AASB’s 2016-2021 Strategic Plan. The goal of a post-implementation review is to assist in the successful implementation of a standard by identifying and addressing challenges faced by practitioners in implementing the standard. The AASB will consider appropriate next steps, including working with appropriate parties to address the challenges identified, based on the findings from the post-implementation review.
Through various information-gathering activities, including two-way communication with stakeholder groups, the post-implementation review of CSRS 4460 will focus on:
- determining whether CSRS 4460 is accomplishing its intended outcomes;
- identifying challenges in implementing CSRS 4460; and
- identifying areas where CSRS 4460 may be improved.