The AASB has approved a project proposal to revise the 7000 series of Sections in the Handbook (i.e., Sections dealing with securities regulations and other capital markets matters).
The following matters will be considered:
- positions previously taken by the AASB on matters that have a public interest impact;
- projects undertaken by the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB); and
- recent changes in Canadian securities regulations.
This project involves revising Section 7200, Auditor Assistance to Underwriters and Others.
Key issues that this project proposes to address include the following:
- Are the four principles listed in paragraph 7200.009 on which Section 7200 is premised appropriate?
- What is the impact, if any, of changes in Canadian securities regulations regarding compilation reports on pro forma financial information on Section 7200?