The Accounting Standards Board (AcSB) recently issued its Exposure Draft, “Contributions – Revenue Recognition and Related Matters,” and we want to hear your feedback!
This Exposure Draft includes proposals that:
- replace the current guidance with a single approach for recognizing revenue from restricted contributions;
- provide specific guidance on special types of contributions, including contributed materials and services, capital asset contributions, and endowments; and
- amend the current guidance on financial statement presentation and disclosures by not-for-profit organizations.
Why should you attend?
- Learn more about our proposals and how they may impact financial reporting by not-for-profit organizations.
- Take advantage of this opportunity to share your views directly with AcSB representatives in an open forum discussion.
If you are unable to attend a roundtable, please contact us so we can consider alternative ways to obtain your input. See our in-person roundtable page for more session availability. Comments are due September 30, 2023.
How to prepare
- Read our Exposure Draft for full details on our proposals.
- Read our In Brief for an overview of key proposals in our Exposure Draft.
- Attend an informational webinar.
Looking for French-language events? Click here to access our open session dates for virtual roundtable discussions in French.