What we’ll talk about…
- What are the financial reporting needs of private enterprises and not-for-profit organizations? How do those needs change as they grow?
- What are the types of related party combinations undertaken by private enterprises?What are the challenges with accounting for these transactions using Section 3840, Related Party Transactions?
- What are the characteristics of a combination between unrelated private enterprises where acquisition accounting does not provide relevant financial information?
- What sources of guidance are private enterprises and not-for-profit organizations using when guidance for a transaction is not provided in Section 3400, Revenue?
- Section 4410, Contributions – Revenue Recognition: What are your views on key topics being addressed in the AcSB’s forthcoming Consultation Paper?
- What are your views on the proposed criteria for determining if a combination by a not-for-profit entity is a merger and the relevant accounting?
Your input is critical in helping us determine the way forward on these topics affecting private enterprises and not-for-profit organizations.
Take advantage of this opportunity to provide your views directly to the AcSB in an open forum discussion.