The topics the Accounting Standards Board (AcSB) plans to discuss, in addition to routine updates, and anticipated actions, if any, are outlined below.
Although current at the date prepared (December 14, 2018), this agenda is subject to change.
- Receive an update on IFRS 17, Insurance Contracts implementation issues.
Standards for Private Enterprises and Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Discuss further research conducted to determine whether additional factors, such as the purpose of the entity, should be considered to determine the scope of the proposals.
- Discuss the accounting requirements if the transaction is considered a merger.
- Continue discussions on the proposed amendments to Section 3400, Revenue.
- Discuss the proposed transition provisions and effective date of the amendments and provide permission to ballot.
Standards for Private Enterprises
- Discuss the summary of comments letters received on the Exposure Drafts on the Amendments for Section 3051, Income Taxes and Section 3465, Investments.
- Deliberate final amendments and draft Basis for Conclusions.
Related party transactions
- Continue discussing the scope of the related party transactions project.
Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations
Contributions – Revenue Recognition and Related Matters
- Consider feedback from the Board’s Not-for-Profit Advisory Committee on preliminary views proposed to be included in the consultation paper.
- Discuss a revised draft of the Board’s 2019-2020 Annual Plan.
- Discuss a draft of the Board’s 2018-2019 interim performance report.
- Discuss the Public Sector Accounting Board’s Government Not-for-Profit Consultation Paper.