On July 18, 2019, in Toronto ON, the Accounting Standards Board (AcSB) will host a panel discussion on the proposed amendments to IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts. This panel will feature, Darrel Scott, member of the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) who is also the Board Advisor on the insurance project, as well as other experts from the financial reporting community.
The IASB is proposing targeted amendments to IFRS 17 to respond to implementation challenges raised by stakeholders since the insurance standard was issued. Are these amendments going to help you? Find out more!
The discussion provides an opportunity to hear from the following expert panelists on the effects of the proposals, the IASB’s rationale for proposing the changes, and tips to manage the implementation of this new insurance standard:
- Darrel Scott – IASB Board Member
- Linda Mezon – AcSB Chair
- Jonathan Turner –SVP and Chief Financial Officer, Swiss Re Canada and member of the AcSB’s Insurance Transition Resource Group
- Michael J. O’Connor – Senior Vice-President, Strategic Finance Initiatives, Sun Life Financial
- Dana Chaput – Partner, KPMG LLP and member of AcSB’s Insurance Transition Resource Group
- Karen Stothers – Senior Director, Accounting Policy Division, Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions
Take advantage of this opportunity to gain valuable insights into the changes to IFRS 17 and what it means for you. There will be a Q&A session at the end for you to ask questions, including gaining insights into Europe’s endorsement process of IFRS 17!
For CPAs: This panel discussion may qualify as Continuing Professional Development (CPD). We encourage you to connect with your CPA provincial body regarding potential CPD hours.
The livestream feed will be recorded on the spot. The video recordings will be made available for you to watch on our website post event.