The topics the Accounting Standards Board (AcSB) plans to discuss, in addition to routine updates, and anticipated actions, if any, are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (May 27, 2018), this agenda is subject to change.
- Receive an overview of the expected proposals in the International Accounting Standards Board’s (IASB) upcoming Insurance Contracts Exposure Draft.
- Discuss the details of the AcSB’s sponsored visit from Darrel Scott, IASB member, to participate in the AcSB’s outreach activities in July.
- Discuss a plan to respond to the Exposure Draft, Amendments to IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts.
Standards for Private Enterprises
- Discuss the financial reporting needs of private enterprises, and the users of their financial statements by considering:
- an update of data obtained on the size and nature of private enterprises in Canada; and
- input from the Board’s Private Enterprises Advisory Committee.
Employee Future Benefits
- Discuss and approve the contents of an exposure draft related to clarifications to Section 3462, Employee Future Benefits.
Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Discuss information collected to date on the not-for-profit landscape in Canada. Decide on additional research needed, to better understand the sector and support informed-decision making by the AcSB.
- Consider additional feedback from the Board’s Not-for-Profit Advisory Committee and discuss contents of the preliminary version of the exposure draft.
Contributions – Revenue Recognition and Related Matters
- Discuss a draft of the consultation paper and consider examples to be included in the consultation paper.
Receive feedback on recent meetings of the Board’s Academic Advisory Council and Private Enterprises Advisory Committee.