We need you
Responsible for volunteer appointments, AASOC maintains a balance of different backgrounds and perspectives amongst the AASB’s members. Currently there is a need for a practitioner that understands the challenges in providing assurance and related services to small and medium-sized entities.
We are especially interested in practitioners with the following attributes:
- Experience in a small firm (fewer than 10 partners) or a sole practitioner.
- Located in western or eastern Canada.
- Experience with emerging technologies such as data analytics and artificial intelligence.
Considerations for selecting a member for this position will include the following:
- Strong public interest perspective and an ability to serve in their personal capacity.
- Sufficient time and scheduling flexibility.
- Knowledge in a specialized sector, although members are chiefly sought to bring broad perspectives.
- Ability to work collaboratively to reach a consensus to develop high quality standards.
What’s in it for you
- Give back, while gaining in-depth knowledge and experience
- Learn about the emerging environmental factors impacting assurance and related services standards in Canada.
- Contribute to addressing the challenges involved in setting standards that apply to all Canadian entities, in both the private and public sectors.
About the role
This demanding but rewarding volunteer role involves the following:
- A minimum time commitment of approximately 250 hours a year, including preparation and meeting time. (Please note: the estimated time commitment excludes travel.)
- Five two-day face-to-face meetings per year in Toronto and a few conference calls.
- Effective June 1, 2020 for a three-year term, with the possibility of renewing for a second term.
- Unpaid, with travel and other relevant costs reimbursed.
The working language of the AASB is English.
To be considered for appointment as an AASB member provide an expression of interest and a resume outlining the following:
- Your interest in this role.
- Your strengths and capabilities relevant to the role.
Applications are due February 28, 2020.