Access to the virtual meeting will be provided 24 hours prior to the date.
Please block off the time in your calendars!
Share Your Views
The Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (AASB) invites you to attend a roundtable discussion to share your views on the recently issued Exposure Draft, Communication of Key Audit Matters in the Auditor’s Report.
We are holding four virtual roundtable discussions to hear your views on the proposals to update Canadian Auditing Standard (CAS) 700, Forming an Opinion and Reporting on Financial Statements.
Attend a virtual roundtable session to provide your views on:
- the proposed scope and effective date of revisions to the requirements to communicate key audit matters in the auditor’s report; and
- whether there is a need for guidance to assist stakeholders with implementing the new requirements.
Your input will help the AASB form a conclusion on this issue.
The roundtable discussions are open to all.
Who should attend?
Regarding entities listed on exchanges other than the TSX and listed and unlisted investment funds, we are very interested in hearing from:
- practitioners who perform audits of these entities;
- users of auditor’s reports of these entities, such as investors and regulators;
- preparers of financial statements of these entities;
- audit committee members of these entities; and
- all other interested stakeholders.
Please note: This is not an education session on implementing an updated standard on auditor reporting. The virtual roundtable discussions are open forums to discuss viewpoints to help shape the future standard. Participants will receive the Exposure Draft as well as an outline for discussion in advance of the session to prepare their feedback and enable them to participate in the discussion.
Dates not working with your schedule? Would you like to provide your feedback in French? Contact us now!