PSAB Matters Article – Results of 2016 Stakeholder Survey
The Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) has heard you!
The results of our 2016 Stakeholder Survey provided us with valuable information on how we can best meet your needs.
The Survey asked questions relating to our due process, our engagement activities, and our stakeholders’ financial reporting needs. Both the Board and PSAB staff are committed to addressing the matters you raised.
For example, in 2017-2018, we will:
- consult with government not-for-profit organizations to further understand their perspectives and identify their financial reporting needs;
- provide a timelier and shorter Public Sector Accounting (PSA) Discussion Group meeting report so that you can get information faster and in a more understandable manner;
- initiate an overall review of our due process to determine whether any efficiencies could be realized with respect to our processes, especially timeliness of standard-setting process; and
- livestream the November 2017 PSA Discussion Group meeting to allow observers from across Canada to participate.
Survey Result Highlights
- There was an 18.5% increase in respondents compared to the last Stakeholder Survey in 2011.
- Responses were generally positive about PSAB’s level of stakeholder engagement and the Board’s overall direction.
- Respondents noted that stakeholder outreach activities like webinars and the PSA Discussion Group were particularly helpful in enhancing their knowledge about public sector accounting standards activities.
- The PSA Discussion Group was noted by respondents as being particularly effective in providing stakeholders with a responsive, open and transparent forum to discuss issues.
Ali Ahmed, CPA, CGA, FCCA (UK)
Principal, Public Sector Accounting Board
Phone: +1 (416) 204-3315