PSA Discussion Group – Guidelines for Livestream Observers
Livestreaming allows us to broadcast the PSA Discussion Group’s meetings live. Most importantly, it allows our stakeholders to observe the meeting online from the comfort of an office, home and anywhere else you may be. All you need to do is ensure you have a stable internet connection and audio capability on your computer or mobile device to watch and listen.
Livestream observers will see and hear the discussion of Group members, as well as both the audio and visuals of any external presenters, in real-time along with in-person observers. Temporary recordings of meeting sessions are posted on the livestream viewing page for registered observers until midnight on the day of the meeting to accommodate PSAB’s Western Canadian stakeholders.
- Although we try to accommodate all public observers at meetings of the PSA Discussion Group, the number of observers able to register for the livestream may be limited. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee that all those wishing to observe the livestream will be able to do so. Observers wishing to observe the meeting via livestream should complete the Livestream Observer Registration Form well in advance of the meeting. Observers registered to attend should advise the staff contact if they subsequently find they cannot attend, so that their places can be given to others.
- The PSA Discussion Group’s agendas are divided into items that are discussed in private (generally dealing with administrative matters) and those that are open to the public. During the meeting or any portion open to public observation – in person or through livestream - the Chair may direct that a meeting in session be closed to public observers, temporarily or permanently, whenever the Chair determines that a discussion is likely to result in disclosure of matters that are normally dealt with in private.
- The meeting agenda and timetable, and the extent, if any, to which the meeting is to be closed to public observation, will be posted on www.frascanada.ca in advance of the meeting. The Chair may, at his or her discretion, determine to close any meeting previously announced as being open in whole or in part, or to open a meeting previously announced as being closed. Significant changes to the meeting arrangements will be publicly announced if and as practicable. The Chair may adjourn any meeting in whole or in part to reconvene at another time, date, or place by an announcement at the meeting and in such cases the related livestream would be terminated accordingly. PSAB and the PSA Discussion Group do not accept any responsibility for losses or inconvenience caused by changes to timing or difficulties in accommodating members of the public.
- PSA Discussion Group documents and agenda item support material will not be provided to observers. Summaries may be emailed to registered observers or posted on www.frascanada.ca prior to the meeting.
- Observers are not permitted to participate in discussions at the meetings; the livestream is not interactive.
- Observers are also not permitted to make an audio or video recording of the meeting.