Upcoming PSA Discussion Group Meeting
Individuals are encouraged to submit issues relating to the application of the CPA Canada Public Sector Accounting (PSA) Handbook. Meetings are open to the public and recorded, but portions may be held in camera at the discretion of the Chair.
|Date:||November 17, 2017 – 8:30 am to 3:30 pm|
|Location:||Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada
9th Floor, Ontario and Quebec Rooms
277 Wellington Street West
Toronto ON M5V 3H2
|Submit and Issue:||Read the Submission Requirements
Submit by September 15, 2017
|Public observation:||Read the Guidelines for In-Person Observers and complete the In-person Observer Registration Form
Read the Guidelines for Livestream Observers and complete the Livestream Observer Registration Form
The topics the PSA Discussion Group plans to discuss are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (October 10, 2017), this agenda is subject to change.
Compliance-type Audit Reports – Implications for Public Sector GAAP
- Consider the implications for public sector GAAP of compliance-type audit reports on general purpose financial statements not prepared in accordance with the PSA Handbook.
Sections PS 1000, PS 1201 and PS 3150: Green Infrastructure
- Consider the extent to which the PSA Handbook allows green infrastructure to be recognized in public sector financial statements.
Section PS 3430: Restructuring Transactions – Recipient Adjustments
- Consider the adjustments a recipient might make in recognizing assets received in a restructuring that are immaterial to the transferor but material to the recipient.
Sections PS 3200, PS 3300 and PS 3390: Social Impact Bonds – Government Funder Perspective
- Consider how social impact bonds should be accounted for in the financial statements of a government funder.
PSG-2 vs. IFRS 16 on Consolidation of Entities using IFRS® Standards: Lessee Accounting for Operating Leases
- Consider whether it is permissible on consolidation for a controlling entity to not conform the accounting for the operating leases of a consolidated entity from IFRS 16 to the accounting requirements of PSG-2.
Martha Jones Denning, CPA, CA
Principal, Public Sector Accounting Board
Phone: +1 (416) 204-3288