Submit an Issue to the PSA Discussion Group
Members of the public are encouraged to submit issues for possible consideration by the Public Sector Accounting Board’s (PSAB) Public Sector Accounting (PSA) Discussion Group.
For an issue to be considered for a meeting, it must be submitted, in writing, at least eight weeks prior to an upcoming meeting. If a submission is received less than eight weeks prior to an upcoming meeting, it will be considered for a future meeting.
- Identify the issue in two sentences or less.
- The body of the submission should outline:
- relevant references within the PSA Handbook;
- the nature of the uncertainty in the application of the PSA Handbook;
- the major alternatives considered; and
- other relevant facts and circumstances.
- Briefly explain how the issue meets the Group’s agenda criteria:
- Does the issue arise from the preparation of general purpose financial statements of a government or government organization applying the PSA Handbook as its primary source of GAAP?
- Is the issue widespread or does it have significant implications for public sector reporting?
- Is there currently, or the potential for, significant inconsistencies arising from interpretation of a standard?
The PSAB staff will contact the submitter no later than two weeks before the meeting to advise whether the issue has been selected for discussion. The individual submitting the issue will have the right to participate, or appoint a representative to participate, in the discussion of that issue at the Group meeting. If specifically requested, the submitter will remain anonymous.
Robert Correll, CPA, CA
Consultant, Public Sector Accounting Board
Phone: +1 (416) 204-3460