PSAB 2015-2016 Annual Report
Community: Developing High-quality Standards Together
Our Annual Report for the year ended March 31, 2016 provides the public with an account of our work done in serving the public interest by establishing accounting standards for the public sector.
This year’s report includes the following highlights:
- PSAB Chair Rod Monette’s message, which highlights the extensive work done to grow our
stakeholder base and reach out to our community to engage them in standard-setting.
- An overview of the year’s accomplishments, including:
- the success of the conceptual framework project;
- continuing transitioning public sector not-for-profit organizations into the CPA Canada Public Sector Accounting Handbook;
- influencing the work of the International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board;
- completing the post-implementation review of Section PS 3410, Government Transfers;
- commencing a new project on public private partnerships;
- approving a draft 2017-2020 Strategic Plan and a proposed one-year extension of the 2013-2016 Strategic Plan for public comment; and
- conducting continuous stakeholder outreach, in part through Public Sector Accounting Discussion Group meetings.