Public Sector Accounting Board
March 22-23, 2018
The topics the Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) plans to discuss, in addition to routine updates, and anticipated actions, if any, are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (March 1, 2018), this agenda is subject to change.
Standards for Public Sector Entities
- Discuss the comments received from Canadian stakeholders on IPSASB Exposure Draft 62, Financial Instruments, and matters relating to effective dates of Sections PS 3450 Financial instruments and PS 2601 Foreign Currency Translations.
Asset Retirement Obligation
- Discuss and formally vote to approve the final handbook section PS 3280 Asset Retirement Obligations.
- Receive an update on the project and discuss the scope of the Invitation to Comment document on Non-Traditional Plans.
- Review and formally vote to approve the international strategy consultation paper
- The Board will receive the report on the results of the not-for-profit consultations held by the staff.
- The board will vote on the 2018-2019 Annual Plan.