Public Sector Accounting Board
Agenda for December 14-15, 2017
The topics the Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) plans to discuss, in addition to routine updates, and anticipated actions, if any, are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (November 25, 2017), this agenda is subject to change.
Standards for Public Sector Entities
Concepts Underlying Financial Performance
- Discuss and formally vote to approve the statement of principles for a revised conceptual framework and a revised reporting model.
- Review Exposure Draft comments, provide feedback and discuss next steps.
Asset Retirement Obligation
- Review Exposure Draft comments and provide feedback.
Financial Instruments – Subsequent Issues
- Receive update on stakeholder consultations for IPSASB Exposure Draft 62, Financial Instruments.
- Discuss the first version of business cases to be included in the consultation paper.
- Discuss the appropriate methodology for developing discount rates guidance.
- Receive an update on rate-regulated accounting.