Submit an Issue to the AcSB Insurance Transition Resource Group
Members of the public are encouraged to submit issues for possible consideration by the Accounting Standard Board’s (AcSB) Insurance Transition Resource Group.
For an issue to be considered for discussion at an upcoming meeting, it must be submitted, in writing, four weeks before the meeting.
Submissions received afterwards will be considered for the Group’s next scheduled meeting.
- Briefly describe the implementation issue.
- Provide the relevant paragraph(s) of IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts
- Explain how the issue meets the Groups’s agenda criteria:
- Is the issue widespread in, or unique to, Canada? An issue can be widespread within a subset of the insurance industry (e.g., life, P&C, or mortgage insurers; reinsurers) or across the industry as a whole.
- Is there potential for divergent practice within Canada?
- The Group will also consider systems-driven issues, such as IT issues, that arise from the application of IFRS 17.
AcSB staff will contact the submitter no later than two weeks before the meeting to advise whether the issue has been selected for discussion.
The individual submitting the issue may be asked to participate, or appoint a representative to participate, in the discussion of that issue at the Group meeting.
If specifically requested, the submitter may remain anonymous.
If the submitter would like to discuss whether their potential issue meets the submission requirements, the submitter should contact AcSB staff.
Katharine Christopoulos, CPA, CA, CPA (Illinois)
Principal, Accounting Standards Board
Phone no.: +1 (416) 204-3270