Upcoming IFRS Discussion Group Meeting
Meetings are open to the public and recorded, but portions may be held in camera at the discretion of the Chair.
|Date:||May 31, 2016 – 10:15 am to 2:00 pm|
|Location:||Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada
Ontario Room (9th Floor)
277 Wellington Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 3H2
|Public Observation:||Complete the Observer Registration Form
Read the Guidelines for Observers
IFRS 3, IAS 16 and IAS 37: Contingent Consideration in an Asset Purchase
- Consider recent developments relating to a previous discussion regarding the accounting for contingent consideration payable when the assets acquired do not constitute a business.
IAS 1: Disclosures about an Assessment of a Going Concern
- Discuss whether the disclosures of judgments required by paragraph 122 of IAS 1 Presentation of Financial Statements would apply to the judgments made in concluding that there are no material uncertainties related to events or conditions that may cast significant doubt upon the entity’s ability to continue as a going concern, as suggested in the July 2014 IFRIC agenda decision.
IFRS 13: Definition of an Active Market
- Discuss the factors to consider in assessing whether certain investments are traded in an active market and the related fair value hierarchy implications.
IFRS 2: Dividend Equivalent Shares
- Consider the accounting for compounded dividend equivalent shares received on a share-based payment.
IFRS 2 and IFRS 3: Vested Share Options
- Consider the accounting for vested share options outstanding in the accounting acquiree in a reverse takeover transaction.
IAS 19: Inflation Rate
- Consider what inflation rate benchmark should be used in calculating a defined benefit obligation.
Davina Tam, CPA, CA
Principal, Accounting Standards Board
Phone: +1 (416) 204-3514