Upcoming IFRS Discussion Group Meeting
Meetings are open to the public and recorded, but portions may be held in camera at the discretion of the Chair.
|Date:||September 13, 2016 – 9:00 am to 3:00 pm|
601 Spadina Crescent East
Saskatoon SK S7K 3G8
|Public Observation:||Complete the Observer Registration Form
Read the Guidelines for Observers
The topics the IFRS Discussion Group plans to consider, in addition to routine updates, are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (August 5, 2016), this agenda is subject to change. The topics presented below may be discussed by the Group in a different order.
IFRS 6: Technical Feasibility and Commercial Viability
- Discuss what is necessary to demonstrate technical feasibility and commercial viability under IFRS 6 Exploration for and Evaluation of Mineral Resources, and consider the accounting for expenditures related to the development of mineral resources.
IFRS 5: Abandonment of a Mineral Property
- Discuss whether the abandonment of a mineral property should be presented as a discontinued operation, and consider the accounting treatment of the related disposal costs.
IFRS 11: Interests of "Other Parties" to a Joint Operation
- Consider the accounting for interests of other parties to a joint operation that is a separate entity and is classified as a joint operation through the “other facts and circumstances” test.
IAS 32: “Fixed-for-fixed” Condition
- Consider the application of the fixed-for-fixed condition in paragraph 22 of IAS 32 Financial Instruments: Presentation to various scenarios.
IFRS 3 and IAS 39: Transaction Price Allocation
- Discuss how the transaction price should be allocated when a group of assets that do not constitute a business include both financial and non-financial items.
IFRS 15: Guidance from the Transition Resource Group
- Consider whether views expressed by the IASB/FASB Joint Transition Resource Group for Revenue Recognition are expected to be applied by an entity.
IAS 1: Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures
- Discuss how the use of non-GAAP financial measures should be considered in relation to the requirements in IAS 1 Presentation of Financial Statements to disclose information that is necessary for an understanding of the financial statements.
Davina Tam, CPA, CA
Principal, Accounting Standards Board
Phone: +1 (416) 204-3514