IFRS Discussion Group — September 16, 2010 Meeting
The IFRS Discussion Group is a discussion forum only. The Group’s purpose is to assist the Accounting Standards Board (AcSB) regarding issues arising on the application of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) in Canada. The Group is comprised of members with various backgrounds who participate as individuals in the discussion. Any views expressed in the public meeting, do not necessarily represent the views of the organization to which a member belongs or the views of the AcSB. The discussions of the Group do not constitute official pronouncements or authoritative guidance.
Comments made in relation to the application of IFRSs do not purport to be acceptable or unacceptable application of IFRSs. Only the IFRS Interpretations Committee or the International Accounting Standards Board can make such a determination.
Please click on the clip you wish to hear.
- Opening Remarks and Updates
- IFRS 6 and IAS 16: Accounting for Farm-Outs in the Extractive Industries
— In the Exploration and Evaluation Phase — After Entering into a Farm-Out Arrangement — When to Recognize a Gain or Loss — When the Farmee Earns an Initial Interest — When the Farmee Earns a Subsequent Interest — Other Issues
- IAS 1: Implications for Current/Non-Current Classification of Debt
- IAS 12: Flow-through Shares and the Initial Recognition Exemption
- IAS 37: Meaning of “Extremely Rare”
- IAS 37: Discount Rate
- Issues Submitted but Not Brought Forward