IFRS® Discussion Group
Archived Audio Webcast
October 5, 2017
The IFRS Discussion Group’s purpose is to act in an advisory capacity to assist the Accounting Standards Board (AcSB) in supporting the application in Canada of IFRS® Standards. The Group maintains a public forum at which issues arising from the current application, or future application, of issued IFRS Standards are discussed and makes suggestions to the AcSB to refer particular issues to the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) or IFRS Interpretations Committee. In addition, the Group provides advice to the AcSB on potential changes to IFRS Standards and such discussions are generally held in private.
The Group comprises members with various backgrounds who participate as individuals in the discussion. Any views expressed in the public meeting do not necessarily represent the views of the organization to which a member belongs or the views of the AcSB. The discussions of the Group do not constitute official pronouncements or authoritative guidance.
Comments made in relation to the application of IFRS Standards do not purport to be conclusions about acceptable or unacceptable application of IFRS Standards. Only the IASB or the IFRS Interpretations Committee can make such a determination.
Please click on the clip you wish to hear.
- Opening Remarks and Updates
- IFRS 9, IFRS 15 and IAS 34: Disclosing the Effects of Adopting New Standards
- IFRS 16: Lease Term
- IFRS 16: Easement Granted by Regulatory Authority
- IFRS 15: Significant Financing Component
- IFRS 9: Own Use Contracts
- IFRS 9: Classification of Financial Assets
- IAS 8 and IAS 12: Change in Tax Rate for Indefinite Life Intangible Assets
- Closing Remarks