Volunteer Opportunity – IFRS® Discussion Group
Are you interested in debating accounting standards issues arising
from the application of IFRS Standards?
Would you like to participate in Canada’s contribution to
international accounting standard setting?
If so, apply to the Accounting Standards Board (AcSB) to volunteer for the IFRS Discussion Group.
The purpose of the Group is to act in an advisory capacity to assist the AcSB in supporting the application of IFRS Standards in Canada. Specifically:
- To maintain a public forum at which issues arising from the current or future application of issued IFRS Standards are discussed.
- To make suggestions to the AcSB to refer particular issues to the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) or the IFRS Interpretations Committee.
- To provide advice to the AcSB on potential changes to IFRS Standards. (Please note: Such discussions are generally held in private.)
Group members are from a variety of backgrounds, including financial statement preparers, academics, and auditors involved with a range of large to small entities.
Preference will be given to financial statement preparers and users.
Group members are required to:
- have in-depth knowledge of IFRS Standards;
- be aware of the challenges that the application of IFRS Standards are creating in Canadian financial reporting; and
- identify issues arising in their own experience, as well as discuss issues identified by others.
Group members are expected to prepare for and participate in three or four one-day meetings per year. The working language of the Group is English.
Out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
To apply, send a current resumé to Jesse McLinton, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by March 16, 2018.
Davina Tam, CPA, CA
Principal, Accounting Standards Board
Phone: +1 (416) 204-3514