About the AcSB Insurance Transition Resource Group
The Accounting Standards Board (AcSB) established the AcSB Insurance Transition Resource Group (TRG) to assist the implementation of IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts in Canada.
The Group will assist any Canadian member(s) appointed to the IASB® IFRS Transition Resource Group for IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts by providing:
- Canadian-specific views, insights, analysis; and
- background on implementation issues discussed by that Group to ensure the Canadian perspective is reflected.
The Group will also discuss implementation issues arising in Canada, including issues for which it has received submissions from the public.
Members and Participants
The Group consists of:
- a Chair, who is a member of the AcSB; and
- 15 to 20 members with a range of backgrounds and experience, including preparers, actuaries, and public practitioners, involved with life, property and casualty, mortgage insurance, or reinsurance.
View current AcSB Insurance Transition Resource Group members.
In addition to members, the AcSB’s Chair and Director, Accounting Standards, attend the TRG meetings. Other individuals participate in the meetings, including the following:
- Lesley Thomson, Sun Life Financial – Canadian serving on the IASB Transition Resource Group
- Karen Stothers – Representative of the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (Canada)
Individuals who submit issues may be asked to participate in the Group’s discussion of that issue.
For upcoming meetings, visit the AcSB calendar.
To obtain more information about the Transition Resource Group, or communicate issues, contact:
Katharine Christopoulos, CPA, CA, CPA (Illinois)
Principal, Accounting Standards Board
Phone: +1 (416) 204-3270