Discussion Session Invitation – The Barriers to Effective and Efficient Audits of Less Complex Entities
Share your experiences
Are you a practitioner who performs audit engagements of less complex entities?
If so, you are invited to participate in a joint Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada) and Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (AASB) discussion session to explore issues and possible solutions to barriers in performing effective and efficient audits of less complex entities.
Less complex entities may possess characteristics such as:
- straightforward or uncomplicated transactions;
- simple record-keeping;
- few lines of business and few products within business lines;
- few internal controls; and
- few levels of management with responsibility for a broad range of controls.
CPA Canada and the AASB joining forces
The AASB is responsible for setting standards for audit engagements, other assurance engagements and related services engagements.
CPA Canada develops non-authoritative guidance and resources to support the implementation of standards set by the AASB.
We are joining forces and hosting this discussion session as a result of the barriers in performing effective and efficient audits of less complex entities. We want to work together and with our stakeholders to address how these barriers can be overcome through standards and/or implementation guidance.
Attend this session to:
- discuss the challenges facing practitioners in audits of less complex entities;
- discuss what tools and resources are used today to assist in the implementation of Canadian Auditing Standards (CASs), such as the Professional Engagement Guide; and
- share your perspective on what other tools and resources would help you in implementing the CASs.
Your input will help us determine how best to support you in performing effective and efficient audits of less complex entities.
- This discussion session will take place in Toronto, but video conferencing will be available for practitioners who are not able to attend in-person.
- A discussion paper will be circulated to participants before the session.
November 30, 2018
Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada
Svetlana Berger, CPA, CA, MAcc
Principal, Auditing and Assurance Standards Board
Phone: +1 (416) 204-3231