Appointments – The AASB
Reappointed as a member for a one-year term ending on March 31, 2017:
- Jim McCarter, FCPA, FCA
Reappointed as members for three-year terms ending on March 31, 2019:
- Marcel Couture, CPA auditor, CA, Vérficateur général du Québec
- Michael Frankel, FCPA auditor, FCA, Richter
- Anna Moreton, CPA, CA, Wolrige Mahon
Appointed as Chair and Vice-Chair, respectively, for two-year terms ending on March 31, 2018:
- Darrell Jensen, CPA, CA, Ernst & Young
- Fred Pries, CPA, CA, University of Guelph
Appointed as members for three-year terms ending on March 31, 2019:
- Julie Corden, CPA, CA, Deloitte
- Michelle Séguin, B.Com, CPA, CA, MBA, Legal Aid Ontario
- Jean-François Trépanier, CPA auditor, CA, Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton
The Auditing and Assurance Standards Oversight Council (AASOC) is an independent, volunteer body established in 2002 by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (now Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada). It serves the public interest by overseeing and providing input into the activities of the AASB. Reporting to the public and consisting of prominent leaders from business and regulators, AASOC’s responsibilities include appointing AASB members, providing input on strategic priorities and evaluating the performance of the AASB.
The Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (AASB) is responsible for setting Canadian Auditing Standards (CASs) for financial statement audits, and other assurance and related services standards. Final standards are issued in the CPA Canada Handbook – Assurance.