AASOC 2015-2016 Public Report
Clarity: What the Public Interest Means to AASOC
Our Public Report covers the period September 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016, which was adjusted to align with the Auditing and Assurance Standards Board’s (AASB) reporting period.
This report highlights our major activities and accomplishments, as well as information to support our conclusion that our oversight activities were performed in accordance with our policies.
This year’s report includes the following:
- Our Nominating Committee Report, which outlines new appointments and discusses our recruitment plans for new members.
- The Quality Assurance Committee Report, which discusses:
- the efforts to clarify for our stakeholders what the public interest means in our recent paper, “What the Public Interest Means to AASOC”; and
- the communications framework drafted to increase awareness of AASOC and the standard-setting process in general.
- Our oversight of the AASB’s new Strategic Plan for the 2016-2021 period.