AASB 2015-2016 Annual Report
Looking to the Future
Our Annual Report for the year ended March 31, 2016 provides the public with an account of our work done to serve the public interest by establishing high-quality standards and guidance that enable the public accounting profession to provide effective auditing, other assurance and related services.
This year’s report includes the following highlights:
- Cathy MacGregor’s final message as our Chair, which underlines the commitment and efforts of our members and staff in developing our strategic plan for the next five years;
- an overview of the year’s accomplishments, including:
- a new standard on review engagements;
- an updated Joint Policy Statement with the Canadian Bar Association;
- progress on our work on auditor reporting and related standards; and
- providing quality Canadian input on the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board’s Invitation to Comment on enhancing audit quality in the public interest; and
- a peek into what’s in store for 2016-2017.