Auditing and Assurance Standards Board
Agenda for September 13-14, 2018
The topics the Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (AASB) plans to discuss, and anticipated actions, if any, are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (August 21, 2018), this agenda is subject to change. More information regarding projects of the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) is available at www.ifac.org/.
Canadian Auditing Standards (CASs)
- Discuss issues related to the application of key audit matter reporting to TSX listed entities, with a specific focus on investment funds.
- Discuss issues related to the IAASB’s project to revise International Standard on Quality Control (ISQC) 1, Quality Control for Firms that Perform Audits and Reviews of Financial Statements, and Other Assurance and Related Services Engagements, and ISA 220, Quality Control for an Audit of Financial Statements.
Assurance and Related Services Standards (other than CASs)
- Discuss issues related to the IAASB’s project to revise International Standard on Related Services (ISRS) 4400, Engagements to Perform Agreed-Upon Procedures Regarding Financial Information.
Reporting on Controls at a Service Organization
- Discuss issues related to the AASB’s project to revise Canadian Standard on Assurance Engagements (CSAE) 3416, Reporting on Controls at a Service Organization.
- Discuss draft exposure draft.
- Discuss results from the roundtable discussions on the Accounting Standards Board (AcSB) “Draft Framework for Reporting Performance Measures,” and share views with the AcSB Chair.
- Discuss issues related to revising terminology from “listed entity” to “reporting issuer” in the CPA Canada Handbook – Assurance.
- Discuss IAASB project proposal and recent developments related to the audits of less complex entities.
- Discuss various other IAASB projects and initiatives including:
- Emerging Forms of External Reporting
- Future Strategy
- Discuss and review the AASB’s Terms of Reference.