Auditing and Assurance Standards Board
Agenda for July 10, 2018
The topics the Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (AASB) plans to discuss, and anticipated actions, if any, are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (June 21, 2018), this agenda is subject to change. More information regarding projects of the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) is available at www.ifac.org/.
Canadian Auditing Standards (CASs)
- Approve final revisions to auditor reporting standards related to key audit matter reporting.
Identifying and Assessing the Risks of Material Misstatement
- Discuss Canadian-specific issues related to the IAASB’s project to revise International Standard on Auditing (ISA) 315 (Revised), Identifying and Assessing the Risks of Material Misstatement through Understanding the Entity and Its Environment.
- Approve a Canadian exposure draft of proposed revisions to CAS 315.
- Discuss the AASB’s approach to input on the Draft Framework for Reporting on Performance Measures issued by the Accounting Standards Board.
- Discuss the AASB’s draft response to the survey on the IAASB’s Future Strategy.