Auditing and Assurance Standards Board
Agenda for January 25-26, 2018
The topics the Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (AASB) plans to discuss, and anticipated actions, if any, are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (December 15, 2017), this agenda is subject to change. More information regarding projects of the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) is available at www.ifac.org/.
Canadian Auditing Standards (CASs)
- Discuss issues related to auditor reporting.
Other AASB Projects
- Receive an update on a staff project to explore ways of assisting practitioners in determining the applicable standard based on the engagement circumstances.
Assurance and Related Services Standards (other than CASs)
Auditor’s Consent to the Use of the Auditor’s Report in Connection with Designated Documents
- Discuss issues related to revising Section 7170, Auditor's consent to the use of the auditor's report included in a business acquisition report.
- Discuss issues related to the AASB’s project to revise Section 9200, Compilation Engagements.
Public Sector Auditing Standards
- Review comments received from Canadian stakeholders on the AASB’s Exposure Draft of AuG-49, Reporting on Compliance with Specified Authorities for Transactions Coming to the Auditor’s Notice during the Audit of Financial Statements.
- Review a revised draft of AuG-49.
Reporting on Controls at a Service Organization
- Discuss issues related to revising CSAE 3416, Reporting on Controls at a Service Organization.
- Review and approve the AASB’s 2018-2019 operating plan.
- Discuss the scope and other planning issues related to the AASB’s post-implementation review project.
- Discuss issues related to implementing data analytics in conducting audit engagements.
- Review the AASB’s draft response to the Monitoring Group’s Consultation Paper, “Strengthening the Governance and Oversight of the International Audit-Related Standard-Setting Boards in the Public Interest.”
- Receive a presentation from the Public Trust Committee.