Auditing and Assurance Standards Board
Agenda for June 12-13, 2017
The topics the Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (AASB) plans to discuss, and anticipated actions, if any, are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (May 19, 2017), this agenda is subject to change. More information regarding projects of the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) is available at www.ifac.org/.
Canadian Auditing Standards (CASs)
- Discuss issues related to the IAASB’s project to amend ISA 600, Special Considerations – Audits of Group Financial Statements (Including the Work of Component Auditors).
- Discuss issues related to the IAASB’s projects to revise ISQC 1, International Standard on Quality Control for Firms that Perform Audits and Reviews of Financial Statements, and Other Assurance and Related Services Engagements, and ISA 220, Quality Control for an Audit of Financial Statements.
Other IAASB Projects
- Discuss issues related to the IAASB’s projects on professional skepticism, data analytics and integrated reporting.
Assurance and Related Services Standards (other than CASs)
Auditor’s Consent to the Use of the Auditor’s Report in Connection with Designated Documents
- Approve a project proposal to revise Section 7500, Auditor’s Consent to the Use of the Auditor’s Report in Connection with Designated Documents.
- Discuss issues related to revising standards for Compilation Engagements.
- Review proposed changes to Section 9200, Compilation Engagements.
Public Sector Auditing Standards
- Review and approve an exposure draft of AuG-49, Reporting on Compliance with Specified Authorities for Transactions Coming to the Auditor’s Notice during the Audit of Financial Statements.
- Discuss progress updates on the following AASB strategic projects:
- AASB processes;
- amendment criteria;
- post-implementation reviews; and
- Receive presentations on cybersecurity and blockchain technology.
- Receive updates on activities aimed at enhancing the relevance of the audit.