Accounting Standards Oversight Council
Notice of Meeting
June 20-21, 2013
Meetings of the AcSOC are open to public observation, subject to the discretion of the Chair. Information about the upcoming AcSOC meeting and guidelines for observers are as follows.
June 20, 2013 - 10:45 am to 5:00 pm
Park Hyatt Toronto
The topics the Accounting Standards Oversight Council (AcSOC) plans to consider are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (May 30, 2013), this agenda is subject to change.
Accounting Standards Board (AcSB) Oversight
- Update on the AcSB’s activities.
- Review the AcSB’s 2012-2013 Performance Report.
- The effects of International Financial Reporting Standards reporting in Canada.
- International accounting matters:
- an update on the activities of the IFRS Foundation and its advisory bodies;
- the International Accounting Standards Board’s agenda; and
- related matters.
Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) Oversight
- Update on PSAB’s activities, including:
- progress against the PSAB Action Plan;
- status of the Public Sector Accounting Discussion Group; and
- relations with governments.
- Review PSAB’s 2012-2013 Performance Report.
- Public sector pension accounting and funding.
AcSB and PSAB Oversight
- Update on recent communications activities.
- Improvements to not-for-profit standards:
- provide input to the AcSB and PSAB on their jointly-issued Statement of Principles.
- Report-back regarding AcSOC members’ attendance at PSAB and AcSB meetings.
- Triennial review of the terms of reference and statements of operating procedures of AcSOC and the boards that it oversees.