Accounting Standards Oversight Council
Notice of Meeting
October 23-24, 2014
Meetings of the AcSOC are open to public observation, subject to the discretion of the Chair. Information about the upcoming AcSOC meeting and guidelines for observers are as follows.
October 23, 2014 - 10:30 am to 5:15 pm
Park Hyatt Toronto
The topics the Accounting Standards Oversight Council (AcSOC) plans to consider are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (September 12, 2014), this agenda is subject to change.
Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) Oversight
- Capacity and governance.
- Chair’s report and update on PSAB’s activities.
- Public sector pension accounting.
Accounting Standards Board (AcSB) Oversight
- Strategy consultations.
- Chair’s report and update on the AcSB’s activities.
AcSB and PSAB Oversight
- Risk management.
- The meaning of “the public interest”.
- Improvements to not-for-profit organizations standards.
- The unification of the accounting profession in Canada.
- Report-back regarding AcSOC members’ attendance at AcSB and PSAB meetings.