Accounting Standards Oversight Council
Notice of Meeting
June 19-20, 2014
Meetings of the AcSOC are open to public observation, subject to the discretion of the Chair. Information about the upcoming AcSOC meeting and guidelines for observers are as follows.
June 19, 2014 - 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Hyatt Regency Calgary
The topics the Accounting Standards Oversight Council (AcSOC) plans to consider are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (June 3, 2014), this agenda is subject to change.
Accounting Standards Board (AcSB) Oversight
- Chair’s report and update on the AcSB’s activities.
- Review the AcSB’s 2013-2014 Performance Report.
Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) Oversight
- Chair’s report and update on PSAB’s activities.
- Review PSAB’s 2013-2014 Performance Report.
- Balanced Budget Legislation.
- Update on the activities of the International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board.
AcSB and PSAB Oversight
- The meaning of “the public interest”.
Improvements to not-for-profit organizations standards
- Report-back regarding AcSOC members’ attendance at AcSB and PSAB meetings.