Accounting Standards Oversight Council
Notice of Meeting
October 24-25, 2013
Meetings of the AcSOC are open to public observation, subject to the discretion of the Chair. Information about the upcoming AcSOC meeting and guidelines for observers are as follows.
October 24, 2013 - 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Marriott Montréal Château Champlain
The topics the Accounting Standards Oversight Council (AcSOC) plans to consider are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (October 4, 2013), this agenda is subject to change.
Accounting Standards Board (AcSB) Oversight
- Update on the AcSB’s activities.
- Insurance contracts:
- presentation from the insurance industry regarding a forthcoming accounting standard.
- Due Process Handbook:
- proposed amendments.
- Strategic Plan – Effects analysis
- International accounting matters:
- an update on the activities of the IFRS Foundation and its advisory bodies;
- the International Accounting Standards Board’s agenda; and
- related matters.
Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) Oversight
- Update on PSAB’s activities.
- Public sector financial accountability:
- presentation from the Auditor General of Canada.
AcSB and PSAB Oversight
- Risk assessment.
- Report-back regarding AcSOC member’s attendance at an AcSB meeting.
- Joint session with the Auditing and Assurance Standards Oversight Council.