Transparency and communication are important to you – and so they are important to us.
Our annual reports comprehensively describe our activities in the previous financial year – April 1 to March 31. We want to ensure that our stakeholders know what we did – what we achieved, projects and other initiatives we started, who we met with, and many other activities.
There are several major strategies that were moved forward in 2017-2018.
- For publicly accountable enterprises, we supported IFRS® Standards implementation (as several deadlines are fast-approaching).
- For private enterprises, we focused on advancing projects important to Part II in the CPA Canada Handbook – Accounting.
- For private sector not-for-profit organizations, we persisted with our improvement initiative.
- We worked with other national standard setters to advance our research on new types of pension obligations.
- Our work on our Agriculture project continued.
We also started work to address the relevance of financial reporting and influenced international standard setting through communication.