Volunteer Opportunity – User Advisory Council
Interested in becoming a member of the User Advisory Council?
Apply to the Accounting Standards Board (AcSB) to volunteer for the User Advisory Council.
The Council advises and helps us understand how users employ financial information. Users include:
- investors and investment professionals;
- equity and credit analysts; and
- rating agencies.
We need candidates with experience working with IFRS® Standards financial statements. Experience with private enterprise financial statements is also welcome.
Please note: A detailed technical knowledge of accounting standards is not needed.
Who are we looking for?
We want to complement our existing membership with:
- sell-sided analysts and debt portfolio managers;
- analysts with experience in biotech, communications and media, scientific and technical services; and
- individuals based in western Canada or the Maritime provinces.
What are the perks of volunteering?
- The International Accounting Standards Board is a frequent participant at Council meetings. You’ll have an opportunity to directly influence the development of international standards.
- Council meetings offer an excellent networking opportunity with investment professionals.
- Three one-day meetings are held each year.
- Some preparation time is involved.
- Out-of-pocket expenses are reimbursed.
- The working language is English.
How to apply
Send your resumé to Harry Klompas, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by March 30, 2018.
Harry Klompas, CPA CA
Principal, Accounting Standards Board
Phone: +1 (416) 204-3236