Accounting Standards Board
Agenda for July 17, 2018 Meeting
The topics the Accounting Standards Board (AcSB) plans to discuss, in addition to routine updates, and anticipated actions, if any, are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (June 27, 2018), this agenda is subject to change.
Application of IFRS Standards in the European Union
- Discuss key points to include in the Board’s response to the European Commission’s Consultation Document European Commission Fitness Check on the EU Framework for Public Reporting by Companies.”
Financial Instruments with the Characteristics of Equity
- Discuss a plan to respond to the International Accounting Standards Board on its pending Discussion Paper “Financial Instruments with the Characteristics of Equity.”
IFRS® Discussion Group
Decide on recommendations from the Group.
- Discuss implementation concerns raised by the Board’s Insurance Transition Resource Group regarding IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts.
Standards for Private Enterprises and Not-for-Profit Organizations
Accounting for Related Party Financial Instruments and Significant Risk Disclosures
- Decide on the remaining issues relating to feedback received on the Exposure Draft and provide permission to ballot.
- Discuss and approve a project proposal.
Standards for Private Enterprises
Retractable or Mandatorily Redeemable Shares Issued in a Tax Planning Arrangement
- Consider the proposed changes to the amendments and the draft Basis for Conclusions and provide permission to ballot.
Enhancing the Relevance of Financial Reporting
- Discuss the Board’s “Draft Framework for Reporting Performance Measures” with the Chief Accountants from the Canadian Securities Administrators.
- Receive feedback on recent meetings of the AcSB’s IFRS Discussion Group and Not-for-Profit Advisory Committee.
- Receive an update on the progress towards achieving the Board’s 2018-2019 Annual Plan.
Harry Klompas, CPA, CA
Secretary, Accounting Standards Board
Phone: +1 (416) 204-3236