Accounting Standards Board
Agenda for January 18, 2018 Meeting
The topics the Accounting Standards Board (AcSB) plans to discuss, in addition to routine updates, and anticipated actions, if any, are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (December 11, 2017), this agenda is subject to change.
IFRS Discussion Group
- Receive feedback on a recent meeting of the Board’s Discussion Group.
Standards for Private Enterprises and Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Receive an update on the further research performed, consider the advice from the Board’s Private Enterprise Advisory Committee and decide on next steps.
- Consider the research conducted, and the advice of the Board's Not-for-Profit Advisory Committee and Private Enterprise Advisory Committee, relating to the characteristics of mergers of for-profit and not-for-profit entities and decide on next steps.
- Consider feedback from the user outreach on this topic.
Due Process and Governance
- Decide on targets to achieve in the AcSB’s 2018-2019 draft annual plan given developments in the current operating environment.
- Discuss a draft of the AcSB’s 2017-2018 interim performance report.
- Review a revised draft of the AcSB’s Standard-Setting Due Process.
Harry Klompas, CPA, CA
Secretary, Accounting Standards Board
Phone: +1 (416) 204-3236