Accounting Standards Board
Agenda for September 20-21, 2017 Meeting
The topics the Accounting Standards Board (AcSB) plans to discuss, in addition to routine updates, and anticipated actions, if any, are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (August 30, 2017), this agenda is subject to change.
International Financial Reporting Standards
Accounting Standards Advisory Forum (ASAF)
- Gather input from the Board on topics to be covered at ASAF’s September 28, 2017 meeting.
- Education session on the new standard, IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts.
Principles of Disclosure
- Review and approve the Board’s draft comment letter response to the IASB’s Discussion Paper, “Disclosure Initiative—Principles of Disclosure.”
Standards for Private Enterprises
- Decide on remaining issues regarding scope, recognition and measurement, and discuss next steps and the project timeline to issue an exposure draft.
Consultation on Priorities for Part II
- Discuss the results of the stakeholder survey relating to the Board’s priorities for Part II and discuss whether there is a need to improve the financial statement concepts for Parts II and III.
- Decide on remaining issues, provide feedback on the draft exposure draft and basis of conclusions, and provide permission to ballot.
Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Discuss feedback received from stakeholders on the Exposure Draft "Accounting Standards Improvements for Not-for-Profit Organizations," consider the advice from the Board's Not-for-Profit Advisory Committee on that feedback, and decide on any required changes.
- Consider a progress report on activities underway to achieve the Board’s 2017-2018 Annual Plan.
- Continued discussion of possible strategic priorities, including allocation of necessary resources, in preparation for the November 2017 strategy session.
Harry Klompas, CPA, CA
Secretary, Accounting Standards Board
Phone: +1 (416) 204-3236