Accounting Standards Board
Agenda for July 13, 2017 Meeting
The topics the Accounting Standards Board (AcSB) plans to discuss, in addition to routine updates, and anticipated actions, if any, are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (June 28, 2017), this agenda is subject to change.
International Financial Reporting Standards
IFRS Discussion Group
- Consider whether to refer an issue relating to variable lease payments to the IASB or IFRS Interpretations Committee.
Post-implementation review (PIR) of IFRS 13 Fair Value Measurement
- Decide on key points to include in the Board's response to the IASB's Post-implementation Review – IFRS 13 Fair Value Measurement.
Principles of Disclosure
- Decide on key points to include in the Board’s response letter to the IASB’s Discussion Paper, “Disclosure Initiative—Principles of Disclosure” based on outreach conducted to date.
Standards for Private Enterprises
- Consider a revised project plan to develop an exposure draft.
Consultation on Priorities for Part II – Revenue
- Discuss the results of the survey on the issues relating to Section 3400, Revenue, and consider next steps.
- Decide on accounting for modification and extinguishment of related party financial instruments and disclosure, and consider next steps and project timeline.
Redeemable Preferred Shares
- Decide on remaining issues and permission to ballot the Re-Exposure Draft and Basis for Conclusions.
- Receive feedback on recent meetings of the Board’s Not-for-Profit Advisory Committee and User Advisory Council.
- Regarding the Board’s 2016-2021 Strategic Plan, address the key themes of importance to stakeholders, including next steps to:
- improve the timeliness of standard-setting projects;
- anticipate the future needs of stakeholders more quickly; and
- further enhance the quality and relevance of the Board’s accounting standards and the resulting financial statements.
Harry Klompas, CPA, CA
Secretary, Accounting Standards Board
Phone: +1 (416) 204-3236