Accounting Standards Board
Agenda for June 22, 2017 Meeting
The topics the Accounting Standards Board (AcSB) plans to discuss, in addition to routine updates, and anticipated actions, if any, are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (May 31, 2017), this agenda is subject to change.
International Financial Reporting Standards
Accounting Standards Advisory Forum (ASAF)
- Gather input from the AcSB on topics to be covered at ASAF’s July 3-4, 2017 meeting.
Insurance Contracts Implementation Group
- Decide on key aspects of the AcSB Insurance Contracts Implementation Group’s Terms of Reference and Statement of Operating Procedures.
Post-implementation review (PIR) of IFRS 13 Fair Value Measurement
- Approve the AcSB's plan to respond to the PIR of IFRS 13 Fair Value Measurement.
Standards for Private Enterprises
2018 Annual Improvements
- Decide on issues to be included in the 2018 Annual Improvements.
- Consider the Agriculture Advisory Group's input on scope, definitions and measurement.
- Consider further feedback received from the AcSB's Private Enterprise Advisory Committee and additional financial statement user consultations, and decide on the remaining proposals and transition requirements.
Redeemable Preferred Shares
- Decide on when an enterprise is required to reassess its classification of redeemable preferred shares, transitional issues, presentation requirements and effective date.
- Ratify the Statement of Operating Procedures for the Agriculture Advisory Group.
- Receive feedback on recent meetings of the AcSB’s IFRS Discussion Group, Private Enterprise Advisory Committee and Agriculture Advisory Group.
Harry Klompas, CPA, CA
Secretary, Accounting Standards Board
Phone: +1 (416) 204-3236