Volunteer Opportunity – Academic Advisory Council Members
Interested in becoming a member of the Academic Advisory Council?
Are you an empirical, survey-based or experiment-based researcher?
If so, apply to the Accounting Standards Board (AcSB) to volunteer for the Academic Advisory Council.
The purpose of this Council is to ensure that the AcSB is fully informed of academic research in areas relevant to setting accounting standards, and that academic research programs benefiting the standard-setting process are developed in a timely manner.
We need academics who conduct or have experience conducting research on Canadian and International accounting standard-setting initiatives and issues.
Who are we looking for?
- Empirical-based researchers
- Survey-based researchers
- Experiment-based researchers
- Individuals based in Eastern Canada, Quebec or Western Canada to ensure balanced representation of members from across Canada.
What are the perks of volunteering?
- The International Accounting Standards Board is a frequent participant at Council meetings. You’ll have an opportunity to directly influence the development of international standards.
- Council meetings offer an excellent networking opportunity with other academics.
- An opportunity to work closely with the AcSB to ensure that basic concepts and principles being taught to tomorrow’s accountants are consistent with those used in the development of accounting standards.
- Two one-day meetings are held each year.
- Some preparation time is involved.
- Out-of-pocket expenses are reimbursed.
- The working language is English.
How to apply
Send your curriculum vitae to Jesse McLinton, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by October 31, 2018.
Andrew White, CPA, CA
Principal, Accounting Standards Board
Phone: +1 (416) 204-3487